Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Favorite 14- A love for Ombre

Anyway else loving all of the ombre goodies out there. From hair to wreaths, dresses to curtains... Ombre is taking over the fashion world. When I saw this Martha Stewart centerpiece, I fell in love!


Source   Are you surprised that it's Martha Stewart?? We shouldn't be, right?!

My suggetion: Make the colors fade a little better. There seems to be some variation in the darkest shades of pink. I think I would try to make the blend better.
To save money: Buy artificial. Your flowers don't have to be real and expensive to get different shades. Look around for full flowers that don't have colored centers.
The event: Bridal shower, baby shower, birthday party, wedding, book group party, family dinner, Mother's Day, church luncheon.... This would be gorgeous for any occassion!

My spin: I don't think I would change this.... L.O.V.E. IT!
Branch Out: Imagine all pink or blue ombre for a baby shower.... how sweet! Also, you don't have to worry so much about matching those shades of pink/blue (they NEVER match) since you're hitting almost every shade!!! Use all white dishes, table coverings, vases, etc..

Splurge: Make ombre table coverings.
Serve an ombre cake.
Make ombre invitations.
Wear ombre attire.
Use tissue paper poms in graduating shades of your color of choice.
Create ombre backdrops from different shades of sheets/material sewn in large ruffles. (When I think ombre for a party, I think ruffles....anyone else?!?!)
Happy Planning...

No comments:

Post a Comment